Our Family.  Your Family.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I have a family member in need of services, whom do I call?

A: We’re here to help!  Call our office and we’ll point you in the right direction.

Q: Are you licensed by the state?

A: OAHC has a provider agreement with the Office of Developmental Programs. All of our services are monitored and qualified by the state then a few, like our licensed residential services, are licensed on an annual basis.

Q: Are the workers you send your employees or contracted employees?

A: All of OAHC’s staff members are employees. We take care of withholding all taxes, providing all insurances, and training each staff member.

Q: What type of background checks do you conduct on your employees?

A: We conduct state criminal background checks and child abuse clearances. If an employee hasn’t lived in Pennsylvania for the last two years, we also run their FBI background check. We also run each employee through a database to make sure that they’re eligible for hire based on their previous employment history.

Q: Will you send a replacement if the worker is not compatible with the person receiving care?

A: We work hard to make sure that you and your OAHC staff member develop a strong bond. But, if things don’t work out, rest assured that OAHC will work to get you a qualified replacement just as soon as possible!

Q: What can I expect to pay?

A: If you qualify for OAHC’s services, you won’t need to pay a dime to your OAHC staff member. If there are special activities you go on, you may need to pay for your ticket cost, etc., but OAHC will cover the staff member’s end.

Q: I want to get more information on your services. How do I do that?

A: Give us a call at 412-262-1581 and dial extension 2000. You can also check out the Contact tab of this website.

Q: Can you put me in touch with someone who has used your services?

A: Sure! Just give us a call and we’ll be happy to connect you.